Friday, November 21, 2008

True Friends

While I was writing my Sagada entry, I suddenly realized that a lot can happen in a year.

Some things change. Some don't.

Some people change. Some don't.

Some people stay. Some leave.

Some are still you friends. Some are not anymore.

While I was reading through the blog of Francis Magalona ( he also has leukemia like my mom but a different type), I came across this:
When the chips are down, that's when you'll see who your TRUE friends are.

I didn't quite understand what the word chips meant so I asked a friend. She gave me this version:
When the curtains' down, that's when you'll see who your TRUE friends are.

Sabi niya, that has several meanings daw:
1) at the end of a show, good or bad one, you'll see after who will stay... even when the lights have gone out....

2) when you've gone into hiding, you'd know who will open the window to check up on you... or who will just wait til youre ready to come out again.

Well, when the times are tough, that's when you'll know who your true friends are. Well, at least you'll know what kind of friendship you have with them. There are people with whom you share deep bonds. Meron naman akala mo close kayo, akala mo sila ang mas makakaintindi sa yo pero hindi pala. On the other hand, meron din na hindi mo ineexpect na kaibigan mo na kahit hindi pa kayo masyado magkakilala ng lubusan. 

I know that I still have to be thankful for all of them because they are still friends. Minsan nakakalungkot lang yung mga akala mong close friends mo.

4 comments:

  1. Reason, Season, Lifetime... Not everyone's for a lifetime... Problems arise when we force to cling on to people... But there would always be the chosen few... Those who'd be there for a lifetime... We just have to learn to recognize them... I got this message from a friend:

    "According to Mike Murdock's Law of Recognition: Everything you need is already in your life, merely awaiting your recognition of it. Anything unrecognized remains uncelebrated by you. Anything you refuse to celebrate eventually exists your life - a gift, a miracle, or a person. Don't miss that chance. Look around.. Appreciate.. Do and say what you feel.."

    I like your friend's quote ha... Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, true, true!There are friends na pang-gimik lang. There are some who can't be friends with you because they need to get over something first.But thank God, I know who my lifetime friends are!
    Hehehehe...kanino kaya galing yung quote ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! Make sure you keep them

    ReplyDelete
  4. ehem... ehem... ang kati ng lalamunan ko *ubo*

    ReplyDelete