Monday, November 17, 2008

A Piece of Advice

I came across this article today while reading the Philippine Star. It was written by Francis Kong. I became interested because I was impressed with him when he gave a talk at a conference. The title of the article also caught my attention - Attitude is Everything (http://www.philstar.com/archives.php?aid=200811159&type=2).

I've been down the past weeks because of our situation at home. Sometimes, it gets hard to see the brighter side of things. Plus I have this habit of really wallowing in my sadness before I decide to get my act together. I usually give myself time to feel sad, to feel the pain before I encourage myself to move forward. Ganun talaga ako. I don't want to force myself to immediately feel better just because that would make me seem like a strong person to others. Well, I don't want others naman to pity me.

The article emphasizes that attitude plays a big deal in whether we will be a success or a failure in life. Mr. Kong has these words for his readers: Your attitude would either make you or break you.

I think most of the time, it's really up to us how to make the most of what we get out of life. But how can we still smile when our world seems to be crumbling down? We remember that we are loved by God, that we are still blessed and that we should be thankful for these blessings.

Mr. Kong's advice:

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly.
Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass.

It’s about learning to dance in the rain.

 

Let us all try to apply that in our daily lives. :-) Hope you all have a great week ahead!

2 comments:

  1. U2 song: "it's just a moment, this time will pass"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brave girl. I admire you and want to know whom you are.

    ReplyDelete