Friday, November 21, 2008

E bakit busy ka?

I am on a roll! This is my 3rd entry today. Just have to let these thoughts out.....

I was talking to a brother from my community about some stuff. He asked about my mom and then asked about my work. When I told him I didn't go through with it, he then asked me why I was busy ( I told him I missed his calls because I was busy). Delayed reaction ako eh so ang nasagot ko na lang was ako ang nag-aasikaso sa bahay.

Napaisip tuloy ako. Can't I be busy with things other than work? Well, he probably didn't know that my mother is still in the hospital. Kung alam kaya niya, tatanungin pa rin niya kaya kung bakit ako busy? He's really not one of my close friends and he doesn't know everything so I don't expect him to understand.

Work lang ba ang rason para maging busy ka? If you don't have work, does that automatically mean na wala kang ginagawa? What if it was your choice to become unemployed for reasons you don't have to explain to everyone or anyone for that matter? Is my worth as a person measured by whether I have work or not? Maybe some people think that if you remain jobless, you do not care about your present and future. Meron sigurong tao na ganun but do people think I am like that? My career decisions may not have been the best according to general standards but I know that they have been the best for me. I have no regrets in terms of my career or about anything in my life. I have learned a lot from the consequences of my decisions and for all the times that I fell and reached the bottom, I have always managed to rise up and redeem myself. If I do not follow what most people think is correct, does that mean I am less of a person? I don't think so. We are all different and whatever is best for one person may not necessarily be the best for another.

Hay! How I wish people would be less critical, be more open-minded and sensitive.

1 comment: