Friday, July 17, 2009

Helping the Holy Souls in Purgatory

I've always known about purgatory and the holy souls. However, I have never really thought about their needs and how to help them. When my mom passed away, a friend gave me a booklet on this topic. I have realized that they do need our help and they need it urgently so that their sufferings may come to an end soon. I thought of my mom and I don't want to think that she's still suffering there after all that she has gone through here on earth. And so I pray for her and for all the Holy Souls in purgatory. It also good to know that they are gratefule to those who have helped them. It says in this site that
When they are finally released from their pains and enjoy the beatitude of Heaven, far from forgetting their friends on earth, their gratitude knows no bounds. Prostrate before the Throne of God, they never cease to pray for those who helped them. By their prayers they shield their friends from many dangers and protect them from the evils that threaten them.

The prayer below is said to release 1, 000 souls each time it is said.

Prayer of St. Gertrude the Great


"Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Most Precious Blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the masses said throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the universal church, those in my own home and within my family. Amen."

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mels,
    Hope you will have a look at my blog. It's not based on any particulary website, but rather on the authority of God's Holy Word. I pray you will find the hope and assurance you seek.
    http://onewhitetree.wordpress.com/2009/04/04/the-goodness-and-severity-of-god/
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete