Sunday, July 13, 2008

My Box of Treasures

I didnt have such a great birthday this year for reasons I'd rather keep to myself.

I came close to hating it. Come to think of it, I think I actually did. Something not so nice always happens around my birthday.

But the Lord always has a way of surprising you. 3 weeks after my birthday, my friend handed me a package which included her gift of chocolates (yum, yum!). May bag pa! :-D

When I got home, I inspected the other contents of the package. There was a card with messages from some of my friends from SFC. May dolphin stickers din. Then meron 1 box.

When I opened the box, I was so touched to  find birthday messages from my Sagip kids. Their messages were written on fish-shaped notes. I cried when I read them one by one! I felt ashamed of myself kasi the Lord's message was ang dami-daming nagmamahal sa yo and yet you do not realize and appreciate it.

I've been serving for more than 2 years now. I've seen them grow up. Yung iba, dalaga at binata na! My prayer na lang talaga is sana, as their Ate's and Kuya's, we've made a difference in their lives. Hindi naman kami forever na nandun. Plus when they graduate to Siga, iba na ang maghandle sa kanila. Sana talaga, kahit papaano, we've influenced these kids to become a better person. Sana yung mga tinuturo naming values, ma-instill talaga sa kanila. Sana talaga, walang mawala sa landas sa kanila.

Here's a picture of the bag. I found out it was made by the mom of one of the kids. Sabi niya, sorry daw kasi hindi na siya nalagyan ng varnish kasi nagmamadali na daw nung kinuha yung bag. :-) I love this bag kasi it was made for me! Plus magaan pa kasi made of paper. Yun nga lang, bawal mabasa! Hehe :-D

[caption id="attachment_24" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="My Fave bag"]My Fave bag[/caption]

 And here's my box of treasures...

[caption id="attachment_25" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="The box"]The box[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_26" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Ang mga isda! ;-)"]Ang mga isda! ;-)[/caption]

No comments:

Post a Comment