Thursday, June 11, 2009

Ma



I miss my mom so much. :-(

My mom passed away last April and it has been tough ever since. I remember someone telling me that it's hard to not have a mother. Well, the words tough and hard are not enough to describe my situation right now. I don't really expect everyone to fully understand what I am going through because I don't think anyone can comprehend this situation completely until you actually go through it.

However, I'm not going to dwell on my feelings here. I remember something about my mom everyday that makes me miss her so much more and I just want to share some of those things (in random order).

1.) Ma cooked the best spaghetti. Her spaghetti completed our Christmas Eve dinners. I think, for all of us, the best spaghetti would be by our mothers.

2.) She was a great driver! ;-) Well, my mother drove fast and some of my friends can attest to this. ;-)

3.) She took care of our cars very well. Sobrang maingat kaya tumatagal mga sasakyan namin sa amin. She made sure that cars were cleaned everyday! Pati engines, malinis! She would also notice new dents or scratches kaya wala akong lusot. :-P

4.) Ma was willing to bring me (and sometimes with some of my friends, too) to and from the airport or bus station when I had a trip.

5.) Ma didn't follow the "1 solid, 1 liquid" rule for my SFC household dinners. Even if I told her that there would be just a few people attending, Ma would still prepare so much.

6.) Ma loved to label things. She loved to put names and dates on lotion bottles, facial wash tubes, etc. The most recent was on the remote control of my DVD player.

[caption id="attachment_306" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="the remote control with label"]the remote control with label[/caption]

Ma was still ok when she wrote this. It hard to accept that she was gone a month after this.

7.) She loved to keep things. She would buy stuff then keep most of them. When we were organizing her stuff, we found many unopened perfumes, face powders, etc.

8.) Ma was the one who kept track of things. I was trying to find out the details of my baptism and confirmation because I was applying to become a lector. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any document with those info. :-(

9.) She would also sometimes prepare my toll fee. I would see the exact amount of a one way toll fee when I get in the car in the morning.

10.) She would open my door and wake me up if I overslept on weekdays.

11.) She would send me off to work.

12.) Ma would always text me "San ka na ba?" if I wasn't home by 11 or 12 on a weeknight or 2 am during weekends.

13.) Ma was more lenient with me when I had no boyfriend. ;-)

14.) She would take me to the doctor or hospital if she knew I wasn't feeling well.

15.) When we were still students, Ma loved to frame our awards and certificates. I have some of them hanging in my room. Yung iba, I can't recall why I have them. :-P Would you believe that I have a Theory and Musicality Award?!

16.) If I won't be able to sit down and have breakfast, she'd have it wrapped and ready to go.

17.) If I had a trip, Ma would prepare my vitamins and other medicines (biogesic, imodium, kremil S, claritin, buscopan ,etc.).

These are just some of the things I miss and will miss about my mom. She made life easy for all of us, for me.

Ma was GREAT, right? SHE IS GREAT.

No comments:

Post a Comment